The rustic Barn seems to have been a very popular choice for weddings during the past few years, allowing couples to put their mark on their chosen wedding venue and with the resurgence of homemade crafts playing a big part on the day, it provides brides and grooms with the opportunity to inject their personality into their magical day. Choosing a barn for your big day gives you the option to spend as little or as much as your heart and pocket desires.
Keep it simple – from dainty china ware through to handmade pretty bunting, handpicked wild flowers in pretty jam jars or trendy gin bottles you can keep the costs down if you’re feeling in the DIY mood.
Here’s our top 10 tips on how to create the perfect Barn wedding reception:
- Find the perfect barn for you, search in the local area; scour google, online wedding websites and contact local farmers who may be thinking of opening their barn up for events
- Book a venue where they offer zero corkage and they’re happy for you to provide your own alcohol – saving you a huge amount of cash
- Make sure you have access the day prior to your big day to enable you to decorate and add your personality to the venue
- Use wooden trestle tables and folding wooden chairs or hay bales – it adds that rustic flavour and has a less corporate feel
- Jam jars, vintage teapots, retro vases, gin bottles work really well as centre pieces for your floral arrangements
- Wild flowers make for the perfect blooms at a homespun wedding reception. Visit a local wholesaler for your flowers or why not grow your own wild flowers?
- Purchase some chalk boards to utilise as table plans, signage etc. Chalk board pens can be purchased very reasonably or alternatively find a local artist who can do the job for you.
- Find a local jam or honey supplier, these make for great wedding favours and you’re supporting a local supplier too
9. Pine cones make for the perfect rustic place card holder and wooden discs add to
that country feel mixed in with some pretty fairy lights to add a touch of romance
10. A vintage suitcase looks very cool and quirky and acts as the perfect wedding card holder
I had the pleasure of working for a lovely couple earlier this year, Emily & Aaron and I absolutely loved how they transformed their Barn wedding venue, not over dressed but kept it simple and again reflecting both of their personalities. Here’s some ideas to help you on your way…
If you’re looking for an extra pair of hands to assist with your wedding planning, styling and decoration at your wedding reception, then give us a call here at Queen Bee & Co – we’d love to help!
Call us on 07888 679118 or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.